A warming dessert for these cooler nights. Using local apples and some frozen berries for a bit of zing. Serve with some cream, yoghurt or icecream. Not bad for breakfast either!
- 1 Packet Choc Cacao Crunch DIY Mix
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or spice of choice, cinnamon is also nice)
- 3-3.5 Tblsp coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 Tblsp rice malt syrup OR coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl
- Mix till fully combined
- Use as a crumble topping OR add chocolate chips and it's a fantastic chocolate biscuit base.
For Apple Crumble:
- Stew 6-7 Apples - chop small and put in pot with small amount of water, cook until soft.
- Spread cooked apples across bottom of a baking dish
- Top with 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- Generously sprinkle the topping over the top of apples and raspberries
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-40 mins or until developing a slight crust.